Classic Carrot Cake
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- ¾ cup extra light olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups self raising flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 cups grated carrot
- ¾ cup Freshlife Australian Sultanas
- ¾ cup Freshlife Californian Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 20cm loaf pan.
- Beat together sugar and oil and add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Sift together flour and cinnamon and gently mix into egg mixture. Stir through carrot, Freshlife Australian Sultanas and Freshlife Californian Walnuts.
- Spoon into loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand cake for 5 minutes in pan. Remove from pan. Place on wire rack to cool.
- Once cool, cake may be iced if desired.