Sticky Date Pudding
- 2 cups Freshlife Pitted Dates, chopped
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup boiling water
- 60g butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups self raising flour
- 1 ¾ cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup cream
- 250g butter
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 20cm round spring form cake pan.
- Place Freshlife Pitted Dates and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to stand.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar and add eggs one at a time. Fold through flour and date mixture.
- Pour batter into a prepared pan and bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand cake for 5 minutes in pan. Remove from pan. Place on wire rack.
- Meanwhile make caramel sauce by combining ingredients in a saucepan and bring to boil. Simmer for 5 minutes. Pour warm sauce over pudding.
In this recipe: