Prune Crème Brulee
Preparation time: 15 minutes (plus cooling time)
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 2 cups thickened cream
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste (or 2 tsp vanilla extract)
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup caster sugar, divided in half
- 12 Freshlife Pitted Prunes, roughly chopped
- Place the cream, milk and vanilla in a saucepan and bring to boil. Remove from heat, cover and set aside for 15 minutes.
- In another bowl whisk together ½ cup sugar with the egg yolks until it begins to pale. Slowly add the warm cream mixture a little at a time, stirring constantly.
- Pour the mixture into 6 ramekins and divide the Freshlie Pitted Prunes between them. Place the ramekins in a large dish and fill with enough hot water to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake for 40 minutes at 160°C. Allow to cool.
- Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of sugar evenly between the ramekins and use a very hot oven grill to melt the sugar into a caramel top.
In this recipe: